Finally, Python 3.9.0rc2 is now available for testing
Welcome to our blog for the latest news on python programming. so finally python developer announced that 3.9.0rc2 is now available for testing.
Python 3.9.0rc2 is almost ready to do. This release, 3.9.0rc2, is the final planned preview before the last release of Python 3.9 on 2020-10-04.
|new features of the 3.9 series as compared to 3.8|
Remember this point: This is a preview release and its not use recommended for production environments.
Installer news on Python 3.9.0rc2 :
This is the first latest version of Python to default to the 64-bit installer on Windows os. Now the installer also actively disallows installation on Windows 7 os. Python 3.9.0 is not compatible with this unsupported version of Windows.
Information for core developers
The 3.9 version is now accepting changes for 3.9.1. To increased stability, the final release version will be cut from 3.9.0rc2.
Which is Major new features of the 3.9 series as compared to 3.8
Some of the following new major features and changes in Python 3.9 are:
- PEP 617, New latest PEG parser for CPython
- BPO 38379, garbage collection not able to block on resurrected objects;
- BPO 38692, It allows process management without races and signals;
- BPO 39926, Finally Unicode support updated to version 13.0.0;
- BPO 1635741, when Python is starting to initialized multiple/more times
- in the same process, then it does not leak memory anymore
- PEP 584, Union Operators in
- PEP 585, Type Hinting Generic In Standard Collection
- PEP 593, Flexible function and variable annotations available
- PEP 602, Python adopts the stable annual release cadence
- PEP 615, Support for the IANA Times Zone Database in the Standard Library system
- PEP 616, String methods to remove prefixes and suffixes methods