In the previous article we saw difference between CAN bus vs modbus so in this article we saw which is free and best modbus simulator | compiler so let’s see:
What is Modbus simulator ?
Modbus is a serial communication protocol and it is open standard i.e. non priority protocol.
In other words modbus is used for transmitting information over serial lines between electric devices .
Modbus is based on master slave concept were master sends request to the slave and slave will respond with the requested message .
Modbus protocol is used for transferring data between programmable logic controller (PLC) and other devices . It is also used without any third party dependencies.
It has several asynchronous and synchronous versions , it can read and write protocol on discrete and required register .
It has full server control context , a number of backing contexts .
Different types of modbus simulators
Basics of modbus and simulator
Protocol is both in regular language as well as in Computer Science, probably TCP Protocol, UDP Protocol or also HTTP Protocol.
Protocols in Python work a little bit differently. Python does not need explicit protocol declaration. If a type has the methods specified in the protocol, then it implements the protocol.
The most common protocols are :
- Sized : any type implementing the len method
- Iterable : any type implementing the iter method
- Iterator : any type implementing the iter and next method
- The simulator will print out a log of the actions the protocol will cause, similar to the Opentrons App , it will also print out any log messages caused by a given command next to that list of actions. If there is a problem with the protocol, the simulation will stop and the error will be printed.
- These are few protocols python supports for customizing your objects in interaction language
- Comparison (eq, gt, lt)
- Containers (contains, setitem, getitem)
- Iterators (iter, next)
- Context Managers (enter, exit)
- Stringification (str, unicode, repr)
Protocols are defined by including the special typing. Protocol class in the base class list. The class does not lose any of a regular abstract base class; they are just handled specially by the type checker.
All the functions and variables of a Protocol class are also protocol members.
In this article we saw which is free and best modbus simulator | compiler | so about this article you have any question then free to ask me.